Search Hot Celebrity News

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Portia de Rossi: What Ellen DeGeneres and I Fight About

Story photo: Portia de Rossi: What Ellen DeGeneres and I Fight AboutUs Magazine

Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi admit they sometimes bicker over the little things.

"I do leave half-finished beverages everywhere," de Rossi says in the March issue of Ladies' Home Journal (on newsstands Feb. 10). "I usually have three cups of tea going at once. I'm Australian. That's what we do.

"I was going to thank her in our vows, for picking up all the glasses -- and say that she'd have to do that for the rest of her life," she added. "She took that on. But she's very good about it."

See what other star couples got married in 2008.

Despite the occasional domestic squabble, DeGeneres said she couldn't be happier. Asked when she felt the most beautiful, she said, "the day I got married" in August.

"You find the person you love, you think you've come this far ... and anyway, I never thought I'd have a wedding, and I did, and it meant more than I imagined," she said.

Will Portia and Ellen last as long as these couples?

She is so content with married life, she isn't sure how much longer she wants to keep working.

"I don't need to be on camera. I'm not a workaholic. I love to spend time with my wife, my family, my animals," she said. "We're looking for the right place to have a farm. Someplace like Massachusetts or Nantucket, with seasons. We could get an 1800s farmhouse with land and rescue animals. Then I'm done."

As she gets older, DeGeneres -- who turned 51 on Jan. 26 -- said she is beginning to appreciate new things in life.

Check out the most hilarious moments from Ellen's show!

"To me it's sad to be defined by beauty," said DeGeneres, a CoverGirl spokesperson. "It's something that goes away and changes. If you're trying to chase that forever, you're in trouble."

Added the talk show host, "As Ive aged and matured, I just feel better about myself, more confident and more comfortable in my own skin. As that's happened, I think I look better than I've ever looked, because that's just what happens when you feel better about yourself."

You also want to visit this site : http://gorgeousgirls.insurance.officelive.com/

Bookmark and Share